Tuesday, October 2, 2012

This I Believe


I listened to “The Second-Hardest Job” by Tina Boscha.  Tina Boscha explains how difficult it is to be a step parent. Over time she has developed a wonderful relationship with both of her step-daughters. She has talked with them about whether they should call her mom or Tina. They decided that they will both be okay with either one, whichever comes out first. Luckily Tina has a great relationship with her step daughter’s mother and they are a team with parenting the kids.  She says that step-parenting is the hardest job behind parenting. With the difficulty of getting along with the step-kids or them liking you, I can understand how it can be the second hardest job. She helps the kids with homework, calls in sick to school when they youngest is not feeling well and even wipes runny noses. She loves their goofy dances and song, and then hates all the questions and screams.  She is forever moved by this and will always be a step parent. For the rest of Tina’s life she will always have these girls as her step-daughters and she will be forever changed.
 I have never personally had any step-parents but I can relate in the way that I have been as close with my best friend moms that I could call them my own. I would feel completely comfortable asking them for anything. I know I could call them at any time and they would drop what they were doing and help me with whatever I needed. I am so grateful to have them and appreciate everything they do for me. I love having them as people that I can talk with about anything and for hours on end. I love them dearly and don’t know what I would do without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment